This scholarship means everyone can afford to play on the lake.
Mike McConnell’s love for the lake inspired the scholarship fund in his name to support access to Lake Champlain for anyone in our community regardless of age, ability, race, religion, or economic circumstances.
Scholarship application process:
- Register for your desired class and submit a $100 deposit. You can register online or by calling 802-864-2499. Please note that you are requesting a scholarship at checkout.
- Fill out and return the McConnell Scholarship Request Form. Forms may be mailed to the address listed below, emailed or dropped off at the Sailing Center during our hours of operation.
- Scholarship decisions will be made within 10 days of submitting a complete application.
Scholarship rules and guidelines:
- The CSC is only able to provide partial scholarships.
- The scholarship fund is limited and awards are given on a first come, first serve basis.
- Scholarships must be submitted no later than one week prior to the class start date.
Scholarship mailing address:
Community Sailing Center
Attn: McConnell Scholarship Fund
P.O. Box 64818
Burlington, Vermont 05406
If you have any questions about the scholarship program please email or call our Program Director Mary Dowd at 802-864-2499