The Community Sailing Center is home to sail and human-powered boats of all kinds and sizes. We are especially well suited to house your kayaks, canoes, rowing dinghies Lasers, Sunfish, and boats 12-24′ on trailers. Winter and summer storage is available. We are now pleased to offer heated indoor storage in the winter!
For summer and all outside storage, boats may be stored on racks, trailers or tires in the boat yard. Those who store their boats at the Community Sailing Center are given:
- the combination to the boat yard gate locks which allows for 24 hour access to the boat yard (NOTE: Winter storage users do not receive the yard combo. Access is by appointment only.)
- use of dollies for ease in launching
- the option of purchasing a hoist pass for unlimited hoist usage
For our new indoor winter storage you drop off your boat with us and we store it for you. This offers an enclosed climate controlled environment maintained at 60-70 degrees. No need to winterize or cover your boat! Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for the winter storage season to see which option is right for you.
All space is first come first served and priority is given to returning storage customers. For all registration, please complete and submit the 2019 Boat Storage Registration Form and 2019 OUTSIDE Summer Boat Storage-Payment & Agreement
Forms and payment may be mailed to:
Community Sailing Center
P.O. Box 64818
Burlington, Vermont 05406
For any other questions regarding our storage program please please email John Nagle or call the Sailing Center at 802-864-2499.
Summer Storage Rates 2019
Dates: May 11 – October 31
Outside Summer Storage
Ground – Charged by the foot at varying rates per length:
- Boats 14′ and under – $19/ft
- Boats 15-18′ – $20/ft
- Boats 19′ and over, tri/catamarans – $21/ft
- for each additional boat that fits in the same space – $75
- Rack storage for one boat – $200
- for each additional boat that fits on the same rack – $75
Ground – Charged by the square foot
Rack – Charged by the rack space
For additional information regarding inside boat storage please contact Colin Davis via email or by phone at 802-864-2499.
Boat Hoist Use
Hoist users must provide their own boat lifting equipment and must call ahead to ensure hoist availability and access.
- One-time hoist use – $4/ft
- Season hoist use – $8/ft