Spend your summer down on the docks!
In this one week training course, Junior Instructors (JIs) will learn the basics of what it means to be a part of the support staff at the CSC. In this camp, JIs will learn the daily flow at the Sailing Center, how to rig, sail and care for our fleet, how to deliver camp curriculum with seasonal staff and how to positively support campers.
To be a Junior Instructor you must:
- Be 15-18 years old
- Have taken a Level II camp or equivalent and have a good attitude and a willingness to work.
- Attend the JI Training Camp June 19-23.
- Commit at least two weeks over the summer, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm.
To apply for the Junior Instructor Program, please:
- Fill out the Junior Instructor Application and return it to Mary Dowd
- Register for the Junior Instructor Training Program. At this time, please only pay the $100 deposit to reserve your spot. Cost for the training camp is $300 for first year JI’s and $200 for returning JI’s.
- JI’s who complete the minimum 2 week requirement, or stay for 4 weeks can receive a discount on the cost of the training week.
For questions or additional information, please contact Mary Dowd, Program Director, at (802) 864-2499.