Spend your summer down on the docks!
In this one week training course, Junior Instructors (JIs) will learn the basics of what it means to be a part of the support staff at the CSC. In this camp, JIs will learn the daily flow at the Sailing Center, how to rig, sail and care for our fleet, how to deliver camp curriculum with seasonal staff and how to positively support campers.
To be a Junior Instructor you must:
- Be 15-18 years old
- Have taken a Level III camp or equivalent
- Attend the Junior Instructor Training Camp – June 25-29
- Commit at least two weeks over the summer, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm.
- Have a positive attitude, a willingness to work, and enthusiasm for working in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Interest in being a role model and coach for younger sailors
- Commitment to the goals and mission of the CSC
- Knowledge of sailing, seamanship, and sportsmanship
- Be punctual, reliable, and work well as a member of a team and independently with basic supervision
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will be changing the requirements for this program next season. In 2019, all Junior Instructors must have participated in the Summer Race program in order to be eligible to be a Junior Instructor.
- 2 week commitment: 25% off Level 3 or Junior Instructor Camp
- 4 week commitment: 30% off Level 3 or Junior Instructor Camp
- For 2018 only, Junior Instructors receive 50% off Summer Race
- All Junior Instructors receive a Dinghy Season Pass
For questions or additional information, please contact Mary Dowd, Program Director, at (802) 864-2499.