Spend your summer on Lake Champlain!
Junior Instructors play an important role at the CSC. After attending a week-long training camp, JIs are paired with CSC instructors to assist with youth sailing camps throughout the summer. They work directly with youth camp participants and assist with teaching sailing on the water, delivering classroom instruction, facilitating games and activities, general supervision, and care and maintenance of the CSC sailing fleet and equipment. JIs can be flexible with their weeks to allow them to participate in other advanced camps.
JIs are required to commit to at least two weeks throughout the summer in addition to training week, but can attend as many as they want. Over the summer, JIs will gain valuable training, work experience, and excellent boating skills. At the completion of the summer, Junior Instructors will be well prepared for future employment.
To be considered for a Junior Instructor applicants must:
- Be at least 15 years old prior to training week.
- Have successfully completed the Level III program at the CSC AND Laser! or Summer Race
- Attend the Junior Instructor Training Camp June 19-23.
- Commit at least two weeks over the summer in addition to the Training Camp, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm.
- Have a positive attitude, a willingness to work, and enthusiasm in a fast-paced, active environment.
- Interest in being a role model and coach for younger sailors and peers.
- Commitment to the goals and mission of the CSC.
- Have excellent sailing skills and knowledge.
- Be punctual, reliable, and work well as a member of a team and independently.
- Perform an interview with the Program Director and Manager.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All Junior Instructors must have taken Level III, plus a Laser! or Summer Race Camp in order to be eligible to be a Junior Instructor.
Please fill out the application linked below and email to Justin Shay, or mail to:
Community Sailing Center
P.O. Box 64818
Burlington, VT 05406
- Dinghy & Paddle Season Pass
- 2 week commitment: 25% off Junior Instructor Camp
- 4 week commitment: 30% off Junior Instructor Camp
- A 50% discount on other CSC programs
- Foster desirable skills for future employment opportunities
- Strengthen customer service skills
- Learn how to facilitate programs
- Strengthen public speaking skills
- Develop professional references
JIs must complete the minimum 2-week requirement to receive discounts.
For questions or additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802) 864-2499.