Spend your summer down on the docks!
In this one week training course, Junior Instructors (JIs) will learn the basics of what it means to be a part of the support staff at the CSC. In this camp, JIs will learn the daily flow at the Sailing Center, how to rig, sail and care for our fleet, how to assist staff deliver camp curriculum and how to positively contribute to camp this summer.
To be a Junior Instructor you must:
- Be 15-18 years old
- Have to have participated in the CSC’s Summer Race Program, Youth Laser! Program, or equivalent and have a good attitude and a willingness to work.
- Attend the Junior Instructor Training Camp – June 15-19.
- Commit at least two weeks over the summer, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm.
- Have a positive attitude, a willingness to work, and enthusiasm for working in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Interest in being a role model and coach for younger sailors.
- Commitment to the goals and mission of the CSC.
- Knowledge of sailing, seamanship, and sportsmanship.
- Be punctual, reliable, and work well as a member of a team and independently with basic supervision.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All Junior Instructors must have taken a Laser! Program, Summer Race Camp or an equivalent in order to be eligible to be a Junior Instructor.
- 2 week commitment: 25% off Level 3 or Junior Instructor Camp
- 4 week commitment: 30% off Level 3 or Junior Instructor Camp
- Every 2019 JI gets 50% off the Youth Laser! Program
- All Junior Instructors receive a Dinghy Season Pass
For questions or additional information, please contact Pierre Dillon, Program Manager, at (802) 864-2499.