Spend your summer down on the docks!
In this one week training course, Junior Instructors (JIs) will learn the basics of what it means to be a part of the support staff at the CSC. In this camp, JIs will learn the daily flow at the Sailing Center, how to rig, sail and care for our fleet, how to assist staff deliver camp curriculum and how to positively contribute to camp this summer.
To be a Junior Instructor you must:
- Be at least 15 years old.
- Successful completion of a Community Sailing Center Summer Race Program or race program equivalent.
- Attend the Junior Instructor Training Camp – June 15-19.
- Commit at least two weeks over the summer, Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm.
- Have a positive attitude, a willingness to work, and enthusiasm for working in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Interest in being a role model and coach for younger sailors and peers.
- Commitment to the goals and mission of the CSC.
- Knowledge of sailing, seamanship, and sportsmanship.
- Be punctual, reliable, and work well as a member of a team and independently with basic supervision.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All Junior Instructors must have taken a Laser! Program, Summer Race Camp or an equivalent in order to be eligible to be a Junior Instructor.
- 2 week commitment: 25% off Level 3 or Junior Instructor Camp
- 4 week commitment: 30% off Level 3 or Junior Instructor Camp
- Every 2020 JI gets 50% off Laser! Camp AND Summer Race
- Every 2020 JI gets a Dinghy Season Pass
JIs must complete the minimum 2-week requirement to receive discounts.
For questions or additional information, please contact Mary Dowd, Program Director, at (802) 864-2499.