The Community Sailing Center is home to sail and human-powered boats of all kinds and sizes. We are especially well suited to house your kayaks, canoes, rowing dinghies Lasers, Sunfish, and boats 12-24′ on trailers. Winter storage only is currently available. We are pleased to offer heated indoor storage in the winter!
For all outside storage, boats may be stored on racks, trailers or tires in the boat yard.
For indoor winter storage you drop off your boat with us and we store it for you. This offers an enclosed climate controlled environment maintained at 60-70 degrees. No need to winterize or cover your boat! Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for the winter storage season to see which option is right for you.
All space is first come first served and priority is given to returning storage customers. For all registration, please complete and submit the
Forms and payment may be mailed to:
Community Sailing Center
P.O. Box 64818
Burlington, Vermont 05406
For any other questions regarding our storage program please please email John Nagle or call the Sailing Center at 802-864-2499.
Winter Storage Rates 2020-21
Dates: November 1, 2020- May 9, 2021
Outside Winter Storage
Ground – Charged by the foot at varying rates per length:
- Boats 14′ and under – $19/ft
- Boats 15-18′ – $20/ft
- Boats 19′ and over, tri/catamarans – $21/ft
- for each additional boat that fits in the same space – $75
- Rack storage for one boat – $200
- for each additional boat that fits on the same rack – $75
Inside Winter Storage
Ground – Charged by the square foot. Boats on pads/tires or boat on trailer/dolly
- Boats up to 25’ (Measured LOA from coupler to stern and BEAM wheel to wheel)- $5 per sq/ft
- Additional boat in the same space (kayak, canoe, rowboat, SUP that occupies same footprint)- $100 per boat
Rack – Charged by the rack space. Laser, Sunfish, Canoe, Kayak, Sailboard, etc. (You may fit up to two boats per rack)
- Single boat on rack- $350 per rack
- Second boat on the same rack- $100 per boat
Boat Hoist Use
Due to ongoing construction, hoist use may be limited or unavailable.
Hoist users must provide their own boat lifting equipment and must call ahead to ensure hoist availability and access.
- One-time hoist use – $4/ft
- Season hoist use – $8/ft
For additional information regarding boat storage or hoist use please contact John Nagle via email or by phone at 802-864-2499.