The Community Sailing Center is home to sail and human-powered boats of all kinds and sizes. We are especially well suited to house your kayaks, canoes, rowing dinghies Lasers, Sunfish, and boats 12-24′ on trailers. Winter and summer storage is available. We are now pleased to offer heated indoor storage in the winter!
For summer and all outside storage, boats may be stored on racks, trailers or tires in the boat yard. Those who store their boats at the Community Sailing Center are given:
- the combination to the boat yard gate locks which allows for 24 hour access to the boat yard (NOTE: Winter storage users do not receive the yard combo. Access is by appointment only.)
- use of dollies for ease in launching
- the option of purchasing a hoist pass for unlimited hoist usage
For our indoor winter storage you drop off your boat with us and we store it for you. This offers an enclosed climate controlled environment maintained at 50-70 degrees. No need to winterize or cover your boat! Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for the winter storage season to see which option is right for you.
All space is first come first served and priority is given to returning storage customers. For all registration, please complete and submit the 2019-20 Winter Boat Storage Registration.
Forms and payment may be mailed to:
Community Sailing Center
P.O. Box 64818
Burlington, Vermont 05406
For any other questions regarding our storage program please please email John Nagle or call the Sailing Center at 802-864-2499.
Winter Storage Rates 2019-20
Dates: November 1, 2019 – May 10, 2020
Rack Space: Laser, Sunfish, Canoe, Kayak, Sailboard, etc.
- Single boat on rack – $200 per rack
- Second boat on the same rack – $75 per boat
Ground Space: Boats on pads/tires or boat on trailer/dolly
- Boat 14’ and under – $19 per foot
- Boat 15-18’ – $20 per foot
- Boat 19’ and up, tri/catamarans & motorboats- $21 per foot
Rack Space: Laser, Sunfish, Canoe, Kayak, Sailboard, etc. (You may fit up to two boats per rack)
- Single boat on rack – $350 per rack
- Second boat on the same rack – $100 per boat
Ground space: Boats on pads/tires or boat on trailer/dolly
- Boats up to 25’ (Measured LOA from coupler to stern and BEAM wheel to wheel) – $5 per sq/ft
- Additional boat in the same space (kayak, canoe, rowboat, SUP that occupies the same footprint) – $100 per boat
For additional information regarding inside boat storage please contact Colin Davis via email or by phone at 802-864-2499.
Boat Hoist Use
Hoist users must provide their own boat lifting equipment and must call ahead to ensure hoist availability and access.
- One-time hoist use – $4/ft
- Season hoist use – $8/ft