Due to the continuing Covid-19 crisis and our more limited programs and services this summer, our Volunteer Program is on hold this season. We may be able to use some help later in the season, and will update our messaging accordingly.
Become part of our community!
We provide award-winning, diverse programming only because of the hard work, enthusiasm, and time donated by our dedicated volunteers. Joining our volunteer program is a great way to get involved at the CSC, connect with Lake Champlain, and earn free rental hours! There is a lot of work to do, but there is no sailing experience required. Volunteer projects vary greatly and seasonally, but there is always year-round work to be done! Detailed job descriptions can be found here.
Types of work:
- Weekend rental assistance
- Facility & fleet maintenance and upkeep
- Seasonal preparation and winterization
- Building projects and construction
- Open house and special events
- Community outreach events, such as camp fairs and festivals
- Other: If you’ve got talents not listed here such as professional skills in photography, videographer, please share so we can get you involved!
Requirements: Attend any/all shifts you sign up for. Report volunteer hours. Attend any required trainings (see specific job descriptions).
Benefits: Other than meeting great people, spending time on or near the Lake, and supporting the CSC, volunteers also earn one hour of free rentals for every two hours of service.
To Register: Complete the Volunteer Registration. You will begin receiving bi-weekly Volunteer Opportunities emails. These include links to sign-up for volunteer shifts. At your first training or shift you will complete a CSC liability waiver, and a Volunteer Expectations Agreement.
1. Review the Volunteer Expectations.
2. Please fill out the Volunteer Registration form online.
For more information or to request an application, please visit our website or contact Office Manager John Nagle via email or at (802) 864-2499 with any questions.