CSC McConnell Scholarship
This scholarship means everyone can afford to play on the lake.
Mike McConnell’s love for the lake inspired the scholarship fund in his name to support access to Lake Champlain for anyone in our community regardless of age, ability, race, religion, or economic circumstances.
Scholarship application process
- Register for the scholarship application. This is a $0 (no cost) offering in our store.
- You can then continue shopping and add your chosen camps into your cart through either our store or the website.
- Upon checkout, you will be prompted to answer both Camper AND Scholarship related questions.
- You will also be required to pay a $100 non-refundable deposit on all camps you are registering for.
- We will be in touch in regards to the final amount of scholarship awarded. Once you accept the amount, it will be applied to your account, and we will let you know what your remaining balance might be.
If you have already registered for a camp or program and want to apply for a scholarship, you can register for the scholarship application and complete the process through your account and we will tie it to your order.
Scholarship rules and guidelines
- The CSC is only able to provide partial scholarships.
- The scholarship fund is limited and awards are given on a first come, first serve basis.
- Scholarships must be submitted no later than one week prior to the class start date.
If you have any questions about the scholarship program please email or call our Program Director John Nagle at 802-864-2499
Sailing Diversity Access (SDA) Initiative
2023 will be CSC’s third year of proudly pioneering the initiative to provide campers between 11-15 who identify as BIPOC a 100% fully paid and supported summer camp experience of up to 4 weeks. Through this initiative we aim to create new summer opportunities and recreation options for kids who come from diverse communities and families. This initiative is structured to support up to 40 camp weeks per year, so be sure to inquire early!
Importantly, this opportunity does not end after this summer! The Community Sailing Center promises to provide full support to participants for up to 4 years for those who decide to continue their growth as sailors. This pathway goes from learning to sail, to racing in high school, to becoming a junior instructor.
- If you are interested in registering or have any additional questions, mention the “Sailing Diversity Access Scholarship” and feel free to call 802-864-2499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SDA beneficiaries will be awarded:
- Up to four weeks of summer programming completely cost free
- Availability for early drop-off (before 9:00 am) and late pick-up (after 4:00 pm)
- Up to $120 in transportation stipends to support all participants travel to and from our facility
Additional information is available below, just select your language!
English | عربي |Arabic | Français|French | नेपाली|Nepali | Soomaali|Somali | Kiswahili|Swahili | Tiếng Việt|Vietnamese